Jr. Accounting Assistant
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a business owner? Why not Experience the Difference with Centra, we’re 100% Employee Owned!
Centra has been in business for over 31 years. Located in Langley, we manufacture high quality window and door products and deliver exceptional building envelope Construction & General Contracting services.
We are passionate about delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations with each and every customer we serve. As a culture, fundamentally we about are people, relationships, and giving back to the communities.
What makes Centra an amazing place to call home and grow your career?
- At Centra you will Experience the Difference being part of an amazing culture that values Family, Excellence, Respect, Safety, & Teamwork
- We invest in our Owners and strive to develop people to their true and full potential
- Growth & development opportunities in finance and accounting
- Be part of the Centra Cares Foundation team and become actively involved in community
- A competitive compensation package
- Most importantly, we care about our people
What’s the job?
This is a processing level position within the finance team that can include collaboration with other departments, cost accounting activities, maintaining relationships with external vendors, processing of accounts payable, account reconciliations, month end journals, and other finance related tasks.
Consideration will only be given to applicants with strong communication skills who are self-motivated and set high performance standards.
Job Tasks Required:
- Processing Accounts Payable with high volume and tight deadlines
- Assisting in performance of bi-monthly cheque runs
- Maintaining relationships with vendors
- Data entry, invoicing and job costing
- Accounts receivable – dealing with customers on the phone for payment
- Preparation of account reconciliations, month end journals and reports
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check, and must have reliable transportation.
- 4th year student or recent graduate of Bachelor of Business administration or a minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting with high volume payables
- Candidates working towards the completion of their CPA considered an asset
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be detail oriented
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.