Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a business owner? Why not Experience the Difference with Centra, we’re 100% Employee Owned! Centra has been in business for over 31 years. Located in Langley, we manufacture high quality window and door products and deliver exceptional building envelope Construction & General Contracting services. We are passionate about delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations with each and every customer we serve. As a culture, fundamentally we about are people, relationships, and giving back to the communities.
What makes Centra an amazing place to call home and grow your career?
- At Centra you will Experience the Difference being part of an amazing culture that values Family, Excellence, Respect, Safety, & Teamwork
- We invest in our Owners and strive to develop people to their true and full potential
- Growth & development opportunities in carpentry and potential for apprenticeship
- Be part of the Centra Cares Foundation team and become actively involved in community
- A competitive compensation package
- Most importantly, we care about our people
What’s the job?
This is a hands on position that can include, installing, leading crews, training others. Consideration will only be given to applicants with strong leadership skills and extensive installation experience in building envelope/restoration projects.
Job Tasks Required:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work. · Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Submitting site labour hours for payroll.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling. ·
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Possess 5+ years of construction experience in either a trade or site management role
- Red Seal certified is considered an asset
- Solid understanding of Architectural and Engineering specifications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, documents and technical procedures
- Excellent organizational skills (prioritizing, time management, record keeping, follow up etc.)
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
Occupational First Aid Certification a definite asset. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check, and must have reliable transportation.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Construction: 5 years