Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a business owner? Why not Experience the Difference with Centra, we’re 100% Employee Owned!
Centra has been in business for over 33 years. Located in Langley, we manufacture high quality window and door products and deliver exceptional building envelope Construction & General Contracting services.
We are passionate about delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations with each and every customer we serve. As a culture, fundamentally we about are people, relationships, and giving back to the communities.
What makes Centra an amazing place to call home and grow your career?
- At Centra you will Experience the Difference being part of an amazing culture that values Family, Excellence, Respect, Safety, & Teamwork
- We invest in our Owners and strive to develop people to their true and full potential
- Growth & development opportunities in finance and accounting
- Be part of the Centra Cares Foundation team and become actively involved in community
- A competitive compensation package
- Most importantly, we care about our people
What’s the job?
We’re seeking an enthusiastic team player with strong analytical ability and enquiring type of mindset to join our team as Accounting Assistant.
- Collaborate with other departments, identify key stakeholders and communicate actions or outcomes
- Respond to daily calls/emails to external customers and vendors
- Participate in weekly and periodic team meetings to review performance indicators, experience and future opportunities
PLANNING & EXECUTION
- Processing Accounts Receivable invoices with high volume and tight deadlines
- Accounts receivable – dealing with customers on the phone for payment
- Data entry, invoicing and job costing
- Processing Accounts Payable invoices with high volume and tight deadlines
- Assisting in performance of bi-monthly cheque runs
- Performing account reconciliations
- Maintaining relationships with vendors
- Assistance in month end sales journals and reports
- Assistance in month end inventory counts
- Follow all Centra procedures and policies in performing your job duties
- Other duties as assigned – anything and everything
PROMOTING CENTRA BRAND AND CULTURE
- Provide the kind of customer service that will ensure Centra customers that our service is the best they have ever been given from point of contact through quality of product to speed of completion
- Follow up with customers by providing the highest level of customer service at all times
- Centra Cares, we treat everyone the way they want to be treated, with dignity and respect
Consideration will only be given to applicants with strong communication skills who are self-motivated and set high performance standards.
- 4th year student or recent graduate of Bachelor of Business administration or a minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting with high volume receivables
- Candidates working towards their CPA considered an asset
Working Knowledge/Proven Skill
- Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Experience with Navision software an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be detail oriented
- Speed and accuracy a must for data entry
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced working environment, meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking and writing)
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional service orientation
- Innovative and resourceful
- Results oriented
- Excels in a fast paced, team environment
- Self-motivated and sets high performance standards
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.