Calling all recent grads!
Are you itching to start your career in accounting? Do you have a learning mindset and want to grow your career in a solid company? We’ve got the role for you! If you’re a recent grad, or will be graduating soon our Accounting Assistant role will get you started in your career with a wide range of accounting experience…and a ton of growth opportunities.
What’s the job?
As the Accounting Assistant you are a key member of the accounting team and will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring accuracy of financial records and financial statements. It is a really important role because financial information produced by you, the Accounting Assistant, and accounting team is used by department managers, senior leadership, board of directors, employee shareholders, and for external compliance.
What will you be responsible for?
Financial Statement Preparation & Accounting Cycle
- Month end journal entries and working paper creation
- Review construction projects with project managers to ensure proper application of percentage of completion accounting and complete monthly adjusting journal entries
- Daily bank reconciliations and intercompany transfers
- External compliance reporting
- Support and cross training for accounts payable, invoicing and accounts receivable
Inventory System Management
- Participate in monthly cycle counts and quarterly physical inventory counts
- Maintain inventory in ERP system (Navision) to ensure accurate costs, quantities, units of measure
- Perform month end inventory adjustments to ensure accurate Work in Progress and Cost of Goods Sold accounting
- Maintain information systems and data entry to support KPI reporting for manufacturing division
- Analyze actual labour, material and waste against BOM’s. Research and explain variances
Who are we interested in?
- Recent graduate of Bachelor of Business administration
- or 2+ years of equivalent accounting experience
Why choose to start (grow) your accounting career with Centra?
- Work for a company who’s accounting department has an elevated role because we’re Employee Owned
- Gain a breadth of accounting experience – this is your chance to learn multiple accounting environments from manufacturing, construction, consolidation, and not-for-profit environments
- Growth opportunities – we want to provide you with opportunities to grow into financial statement preparation and/or financial analyst roles not to mention the possibility to earn CPA work experience and mentorship if pursuing designation
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it!
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.