Accounts Receivable Clerk
Do you have a few years of accounting under your belt? Or relevant education? Let's talk.
We’re looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team. We want an individual who can hit the ground running and have a desire to grow within our company. We’re Employee Owned and are seeking out an Accounting Assistant with an entrepreneurial spirit that is excited about ownership.
What’s the job?
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is a member of the accounting team which is responsible for maintaining operations and revenue, collecting funds from customers, and providing excellent customer service. Financial information produced by the Accounting Assistant and accounting team is used by department managers, senior leadership, board of directors, employee shareholders, and for external compliance. This position is designed to have a focus on accounts receivable activities and ensures Centra’s cash flow to keep operations running.
Your core accountability will focus on financial statement preparation & the accounting cycle. Job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Generate invoices and process payments (approx. 500 invoices per month)
- Resolve customer inquiries related to billing
- Maintain accounts receivable files
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and send payment reminders
- Reconcile accounts and investigate irregularities
- Report on accounts receivable aging
- Assist in preparing month end working papers and posting journal entries
- Bank reconciliation and deposits as assigned
- Monitor expected deposits and follow up on late or missing payments
- Review the installation calendar and follow up on completed jobs for invoicing
- Support departments by providing accurate information and data entry
- Support and cross training for accounts payable and inventory management systems
We need some who is:
- Accurate and reliable
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and can complete on time invoicing with a fast turnover
- Committed to timely collection
- Committed to the team and keeps relationships a priority whether that be inter-department relations or in customer and supplier interactions
- 2+ years experience in an accounts receivable position
- Or relevant education
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it.
Oh, did we mention?
We won the 2020 WaterStone Award for “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture”. This award recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for fostering higher performance corporate cultures that help sustain a competitive advantage. We won because of our dedication, work ethic, and commitment to our culture. We were so excited to be recognized and hope that you want to be a part of our amazing culture!
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.