AutoCAD & Shop Drawing Coordinator
Langley, British Columbia
Our Supply Only Window Department is seeking a detailed orientated team player interested in moving into a challenging and rewarding career as an AutoCAD & Shop Drawing Coordinator.
What we Offer!
- Rewarding career potential
- Professional development support
- An amazing fun loving values based culture
- A competitive base salary
First, let’s talk about safety:
Centra is the industry leader in developing safe work procedures to protect the health of its employees and customers. In fact, we’ve been leading the way for safety for over 10 years as the only WorkSafe COR certified Window Company. In today’s uncertain world of COVID19 and strict Public Health Officer Construction Guidelines, there can be no shortcuts when it comes to the safety of our Employee’s, their family, and our customers. We are meeting and exceeding all the safety guidelines laid out by WSBC, BCCSA, and BC Public Health Office. We are well positioned to manage the COVID-19 crisis and are currently active on all of our jobsites with a very strong outlook for the year.
What’s the Job?
The AutoCAD & Shop Drawing Coordinator is responsible for all requirements within Centra Windows which require technical drawings. This includes the development and management of shop drawings for specific projects and the development of drawings necessary for the production of custom windows. This role requires the development and regular maintenance of Centra’s standard installation details.
- Schedule shop drawings in the department
- Initiate the start of shop drawings, issue preliminary drawings to Architects and Engineers and provide revisions as per the shop drawing markups
- Coordinate drawings with structural Engineer requirements
- Be able to download Cad files from outside resources and incorporate into Centra’s systems
- Verify if outside sourced drawings for shop drawings match estimated components
- Utilize and coordinate with staff in the development of shop drawings
- When required, create drawings suitable for the manufacturing of windows and glass for specific custom window situations required
- Support the RND team in the development of profile drawings and revisions
Does this sound like you?
- Knowledge of all BC Building Codes and ability to satisfy all Life Safety Aspects
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to create high qualify working shop drawings that meet the rigorous demands of Architects and Engineers
- Ability to prioritize and complete work on time to meet our customer’s construction schedules
Who are we?
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a business owner? Why not Experience the Difference with Centra, we’re 100% Employee Owned! Centra Construction Group, a well-established construction and manufacturing company that has been in business for 35 years, and we’re expanding. Our Windows division manufactures and installs the best high performance vinyl windows and doors in BC. All of our products are proudly manufactured in Langley BC.
As an Owner of Centra you will be devoted to delivering a customer experience that is unmatched. You take pride in everything you do. You care about people, relationships, and giving back to the community. You want to Experience the Difference of being part of an amazing culture that values Teamwork, Excellence, Respect, Safety and Family. If this sounds like you, Centra may be the perfect place to grow your career.
Please forward your resume via email to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.