Government Grants are Back
If you’re thinking about replacing your old windows with new, energy efficient windows, wouldn’t government rebates for window upgrades help? Well we’re happy to announce that Government grants are back and there’s no better time to jump on the opportunity while our government is promoting energy efficient upgrades to your home.
BC government grant need to know:
- The Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, administered by BC Hydro, FortisBC and the Province of BC, are providing rebates for improving your home’s energy efficiency through select upgrades, including energy efficient windows.
- BC government is offering $50 off per window in grants for a limited time. We have decided to double up the savings and offer up to $100 off per window on top of the savings with the government grant
- Save up to $50 + $100 = $150 off per window.
Limited time only:
- Our government approved $24 Million dollars in government grants towards high energy efficient windows throughout B.C.
- Funds are not unlimited and we don’t know when that budget will run out.
Requirements for the government grant:
- The windows must be replacing existing windows in the building envelope. Windows installed in new rough openings are ineligible. Skylights are not eligible for the government grants.
- New windows must be ENERGY STAR® certified and have a U-value of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or less. The products must be listed on the ENERGY STAR certified fenestration list in order to be eligible for the government grants.
- The upgrades must be installed on or after September 28, 2018.
- For more information about the government grant requirements, please visit efficiencybc.ca.
What is a U-Value?
- U-values measure how effective a material is as an insulator. The energy efficiency of windows is measured with a ‘U-value’ and the lower this value is, the better.
Is the window government grant worth it?
- It is in your best interest to take advantage of this rare opportunity, as it is only available for a limited time. This grant can take some pressure off and allow you to focus on energy efficient upgrades
- Maximize the efficiency of your home and save on heating and cooling costs right away with the return of government grants.
Apply to the government grants:
- To Apply click HERE
- For more information on the BC Window grant, visit www.efficiencybc.ca now!
- If you weren't able to find the details you were looking for, give us a call at 1-888-534-3333. If you have any questions regarding the government grants, we want to hear from you!