Hey! Do you have an amazing understanding of Architectural Engineering specifications? We're in need of your expertise!
Do you have post-secondary education relating to construction estimating? How about Microsoft Projects and AutoCAD experience – you’re who we’re looking for! Be a part of a growing team and grow your career in professional construction estimation. Come join our construction division as our new Construction Estimator!
What's the job?
Use your ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings to prepare estimates and assemble bid packages. This a challenging role and it has a direct impact on the success of our estimating department and Centra as a whole.
- Attend tender site meetings
- Conduct regular risk assessments
- Review drawings and specifications of bids
- Prepare estimates utilizing estimating and other computer software programs (Programs, such as, WinEst, OST (On-screen Take-Off), and Microsoft Projects).
- Assemble bid packages according to tender requirements
- Maintain good working relationships with engineers, consultants, architects, and owners
- Establish good working relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Review and analyze subcontractor quotes prior to bid submission
- Participate in hand-over meetings with project management team
- Conduct field reviews on site when required
- Assemble construction maintenance manuals at the end of a project
Our Ideal Candidate:
Preferred candidates will have 2+ years of relevant experience or post-secondary education related to construction estimating. Previous experience working in construction or engineering fields would be a definite asset.
- Good understanding of Architectural and Engineering specifications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, documents and technical procedures
- Having experience with construction related computer software programs is an asset (AutoCad, WinEst, and Onscreen, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills (prioritizing, time management, record keeping, follow up etc)
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it.
Check us out:
Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook (Centra Windows), and Instagram @Centrawindows to find out about more about who we are. We want to know what you think and if we’re the right fit for you.We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.