Engineering CAD Technician
Our Engineering Team is seeking a detailed orientated CAD Technician who is a team player and interested in moving into a challenging and rewarding career.
What we offer:
- Rewarding career potential
- Professional development support
- An amazing fun loving values based culture
- A competitive base salary
What's the job?
The CAD Technician is responsible for all requirements within Centra Windows which require technical drawings. This includes the development and management of shop drawings for specific projects and the development of drawings necessary for the production of custom windows. This role requires the development and regular maintenance of Centra’s standard installation details.
- Oversee and schedule the shop drawings
- Initiate the shop drawings, issue preliminary drawings to Architects and Engineers and provide revisions as per the shop drawing markups
- Coordinate drawings with structural Engineer for certification and stamping
- Be able to download and upload CAD files from and to outside resources and synchronize with Centra’s documentation systems
- Verify if outside sourced drawings for shop drawings match estimated components
- Review and release shop drawings
- Support Manufacturing with drawings suitable for the manufacturing of windows and glass for specific custom window situations required
- Support the RND team in the development of profile drawings and revisions
- Coordinate with 3rd party testing labs & provide design files for product certification
Does this sound like you?
- High proficiency in AutoCAD / other drafting software
- Ability to create high quality shop drawings that meet the rigorous demands of Architects and Engineers
- CAD automation knowledge is a bonus
- Proficient in MS office suite of products
- Ability to prioritize and complete work on time to meet our customer’s construction schedules
- Knowledge of BC Building Codes and Life Safety Aspects is a bonus
- Civil / Mechanical design background
- Drafting Diploma (or Bachelors in Engineering)
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it!
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.