Our Centra Construction division is seeking a team player interested in moving into a challenging and rewarding career in professional Construction Estimation.
What's the Job?
This is a challenging full-time position, requiring a mature and responsible person. Preferred candidates will have 2+ years of relevant experience or post-secondary education related to construction estimating. Previous experience working in construction or engineering fields would be a definite asset.
Job Tasks required:
- Attend tender site meetings
- Conduct regular risk assessments
- Review drawings and specifications of bids
- Prepare estimates utilizing estimating and other computer software programs (Programs, such as, WinEst, OST (On-screen Take-Off), and Microsoft Projects).
- Assemble bid packages according to tender requirements
- Maintain good working relationships with engineers, consultants, architects, and owners
- Establish good working relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Review and analyze subcontractor quotes prior to bid submission
- Participate in hand-over meetings with project management team
- Conduct field reviews on site when required
- Assemble construction maintenance manuals at the end of a project
- Good understanding of Architectural and Engineering specifications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, documents and technical procedures
- Having experience with construction related computer software programs is an asset (AutoCad, WinEst, and Onscreen, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills (prioritizing, time management, record keeping, follow up etc)
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to work with new technologies and systems, yet capable of following existing procedures
- Be able to think outside the box
- Good communication skills (written, listening, speaking and writing)
- Ability to deal with strong personalities, with a pleasant personality and a sense of humour, yet holding firm boundaries
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- All PPE equipment to be provided by the employee (steel toes, hard hat, etc)
Who are we?
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a business owner? Why not Experience the Difference with Centra, we’re 100% Employee Owned! Centra Construction Group, is a well-established construction and manufacturing company that has been in business for over 35 years, and we’re expanding. We manufacture and install the best high performance vinyl windows and doors in BC. All of our products are proudly manufactured in Langley BC.
As an Owner of Centra you will experience the difference of being part of an amazing culture that values Family, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Respect, Safety, & Teamwork . We take pride in everything we do and care about people, relationships, and giving back to the community. Best of all we invest in our Owners and strive to develop people to their true and full potential by offering growth and development opportunities.
Want to join us?
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please be sure to include your wage expectations in your cover letter. We thank everyone who applies, but only those who qualify will be contacted.