Field Service Manager
"Where Customers Become Family" - are we serious?
Yes that’s right. Our slogan is “Where customers become family”. You might be thinking “but what does that even mean and how does the Field Service Manager factor in”. Good question. It means that we are committed to our customers for the long haul. No matter what, we’ll be there. That is why we back our product and install with the best warranty in the business. This is where you, the Field Service Manager, comes in. To deliver on this promise by listening to our customers, hearing their needs, providing solutions, and building an amazing team of service technicians to fulfil our promises. Our reputation depends on it – do you have what it takes to propel our Service team forward?
As the Field Service Manager you will lead and grow our team of Service Technicians who go out to our customers’ homes and sites where our windows have been installed. Your team will then diagnose issues relating to our products or services with a customer centric mindset and ensuring timely resolution of the issue. You will be responsible for ensuring your team delivers a high level of customer service, handle any escalated issues using your problem solving and negotiation skills, build relationships with key accounts, and communicate volume and trend of services via thorough reporting.
You've got to know your stuff.
It is imperative that as the Field Service Manager you have understanding of construction specifically in regards to the building envelope. You need to be able to know what you’re looking at on site and can diagnose the service issue. Is it an issue with the building, the installation, the manufacturing process? You will be the authority to your Service Techs and to our customers. We can teach windows – but your knowledge of construction needs to be extensive.
Soft Skills- the only way you'll be successful.
In the end it is your soft skills as a Field Service Manager that will enable you and your team to be successful when helping our customers and making them feel like family. Here are the top soft skills we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Negotiation: Reduce misunderstandings while building rapport with customers
- Level Headed: Be calm and sensible even in difficult situations
- Solutions Focused: While managing customer and employee emotions you’re always two steps ahead and know how to emphasise the positives as you move towards solving their service
- Problem Solving: You’re a critical thinker who is systematic, investigative, and rational when you approach problems that are either emotional in nature or technical
- Growth Mindset: You’re ready for a challenge, to build a team, and to take the Service Department to the next level. You do not believe in the status quo. Are you a person who embraces a challenge?
- Analytical: You love research, data and information analysis, and critical thinking. You can communicate effectively both verbally, and through reporting the trends of services and other KPI’s
What we offer?
- You will have the freedom and support to build the Service Department so we can double our volumes. Our goal is to have a happy customer at the end of service and we will go above and beyond to ensure issues are resolved which include allocating resources and money to reach a conclusion
- You will receive all the tools, improvement training, and support you need to reach your full potential as the Field Service Manager
- An award winning culture – Centra has won the Waterstone Award for “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture” 2020
- You will have the opportunity to be an Employee Owner building equity beyond your paycheck with our share match program
Who we are?
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it.
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.