Field Service Technician
Does this sound like you?
You have experience in construction, home renovations, or window and door installations. You are a Jack of All Trades who can look at any problem on a site and can act on coming up with a solution quickly based on your expertise and troubleshooting abilities. Dealing with upset customers doesn’t faze you; in fact you pride yourself in your skill to defuse situations and deliver the best customer service possible. If this sounds like you, we hope that you apply!
What's the job?
The Field Service Technician position is a key role in our organization. We promise our customers a lifetime warranty on the installation of their windows. Our slogan is “Where Customers Become Family” which means we are with them long after the install is done and no matter what we will always find solutions for them if anything were in need of a service. This position makes sure we deliver on the promises we make. You will go out to people’s home, assess the problem, and come up with solutions. Customer service is a big part of this role.
- Service related Window & Door installations as well as some glazing
- Collaborate with General Manager and Service Supervisor to manage, identify and coordinate actions on all service related items
- Trouble Shooting on site
- Prepare daily reports on services completed and save all reports all service drive
- Complete daily services in a timely manner, complete paperwork and reports.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Construction experience
- Window & Door Installation a strong asset
- Ability to deal with strong personalities, with a pleasant personality and a sense of humor, yet holding firm boundaries
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Computer skills (excel and word)
- Valid drives license
Who are we?
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it.
Oh, did we mention?
We won the 2020 WaterStone Award for “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture”. This award recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for fostering higher performance corporate cultures that help sustain a competitive advantage. We won because of our dedication, work ethic, and commitment to our culture. We were so excited to be recognized and hope that you want to be a part of our amazing culture!
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.