Hey! Does this sound like you?
Are you early in your career and want to get in with a not just a good company but a company that has an amazing culture, invests in their people, and will grow you in your career? Are you detailed, devoted to accuracy and reliable? If this is you then this is the opportunity you don’t want to miss!
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it.
What’s the job?
The Financial Analyst is a member of the costing department team which is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of costing systems which ensures accurate pricing and margins. The Financial Analyst is then able to report on the organizations performance against the costing system, conduct analysis and communicate results to improve organizational performance.
Core Accountabilites Include:
This role focuses on cost accounting activities, interdepartmental key performance indicator reporting, and financial analysis activities. A few highlights are:
- Review and audit Bills of Materials (BOM) to ensure items are complete and costs and quantities are accurate
- Thorough documentation of internal controls processes and ability to identify and mitigate control weaknesses as relates to costing and pricing systems
- Work closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact financial results as well as educate on cost drivers and variances
- Work closely with installations to review job costing to ensure accurate and complete as well as identify and report on issues and trends
- With the use of ERP systems, ability to extract, organize, analyze and report data in a manner that identifies cost saving initiatives
- Perform financial analysis activities including margin and cost ratio analysis, inventory control, variance analysis, breakeven analysis
Qualifications we're looking for:
- Recent graduate of Bachelor of Business administration or equivalent experience
- Working towards CPA designation considered an asset
- Advanced skill in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be detail oriented
We’re B.C’s Safest Window Company. Big statement – but it’s true.
- We’ve been the industry leader in developing safe work procedures to protect the health of its employees and customers
- That isn’t new news – we’ve been leading the way in safety for over 10 years!
- We’re the only Worksafe COR certified window company
- COVID-19 hit and we were prepared - we’re exceeding all the safety guidelines laid out by WSBC, BCCSA, and BC Public Health Office
- Whether our employee owners are working on a site, in our plant, a customer’s home, or in the office we’re committed to their safety
How is Centra weathering the COVID-19 storm?
We are well positioned to manage the COVID-19 crisis and are currently active on all of our jobsites with a very strong outlook for the year. #jointhesafechoice
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.