Hey! Does this sound like you?
Are you detailed, devoted to accuracy, and reliable? If this is you then this is the opportunity you don’t want to miss!
What’s the job?
The Financial Analyst is a member of the costing department team which is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of costing systems which ensures accurate pricing and margins. The Financial Analyst is then able to report on the organization's performance against the costing system, conduct analysis and communicate results to improve organizational performance.
Core accountabilities include:
This role focuses on cost accounting activities, interdepartmental key performance indicator reporting, and financial analysis activities. A few highlights are:
- Review and audit Bills of Materials (BOM) to ensure items are complete and costs and quantities are accurate
- Thorough documentation of internal controls processes and ability to identify and mitigate control weaknesses as relates to costing and pricing systems
- Work closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact financial results as well as educate on cost drivers and variances
- Work closely with installations to review job costing, ensuring accuracy and completeness, as well as identify and report on issues and trends
- With the use of ERP systems, ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that identifies cost saving initiatives
- Perform financial analysis activities including margin and cost ratio analysis, inventory control, variance analysis, and breakeven analysis
Qualifications we're looking for:
- Recent graduate of Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Working towards CPA designation considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be detail oriented
Who we are?
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned (you build equity beyond your paycheck) and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years.
Oh, did we mention?
We won the 2020 WaterStone Award for “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture”. This award recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for fostering higher performance corporate cultures that help sustain a competitive advantage. We won because of our dedication, work ethic, and commitment to our culture. We were so excited to be recognized and hope that you want to be a part of our amazing culture!
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.