Front End Developer
Who wants to code all day!?
Remember the 1990’s movie Jurassic Park? Remember the character Dennis Nedry? He was the developer who successfully took down the park in order to get the dinosaur embryos. Well, we’re looking for a developer who is as talented as he was…but without the questionable ethics. So if you think “Pffffffftttt I’m way more talented than Dennis Nedry” then we want to hear from you!
What’s the job?
We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is able to self-manage tasks and priorities and will be responsible for the completion of high-quality deliverables including software and documentation, in accordance with project timelines.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Determining the structure and design of web pages
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones
- Building reusable code for future use
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design
Here's the experience we need you to have:
- Understanding of key design principles
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
So who are we?
OWN IT! It’s on the back of all of our shirts. This is because Centra is 100% Employee Owned and we believe in owning our actions and promises. We manufacture our own windows (hello, Canadian made!), we install our own products (no third parties here!), and we have been in business for over 35 years. We have had a lot of practice getting it right – that’s why we have the best warranty. “Where customers become family” is our slogan – and we mean it.
Check us out:
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.