Health & Safety Officer
Centra Construction Group is seeking a Health & Safety Officer whose passion for safety & people knows no bounds.
What’s the Job?
As the Health & Safety Officer you will be responsible for coordinating, planning, administration, as well as the training and enforcement of Centra’s safety program for various employee groups to ensure compliance with all company policies and local provincial and federal regulations. You will identify hazards and assess risk to health and safety involving individuals to identify the appropriate safety controls and provide advice on accident prevention and occupational health to both management and employees. Partnerships and performance are the keys to success in this role.
- Provide direction, support, and training to develop and implement initiatives.
- Maintain a robust safety program with empowered and informed employees.
- Maintain Centra’s FERST (Family, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Respect, Safety, and Teamwork) values and culture in everything you undertake to build stronger knowledge and communication with everyone.
- Safety Governance & partnership approach including managing the return to work program, the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee, inspections and audits. Also responsible for maintenance and organization of records, identifying hazards & implementing corrective measures.
- Must have strong knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations, preparation of safety plans, procedures, hazard assessments, and incident investigations and risk assessments.
- Training & Education – developing, delivering, and communicating in house training programs, present and communicate at company events, develop and deliver training programs.
What are some Key Success Measures of this role?
- Leader of Safety first culture - Embedded understanding for every employee on our responsibility and right to safe work and strong team safety culture in everything we do. Help to asses and monitor consistency of safety culture and standards across all regions.
- Key partnerships – Partner with Operations leaders to assess and implement all safety related matters through to field implementation.
- Training Programs Delivered – Assess, implement, monitor and continuously improve all training programs.
- Ongoing Education - Be an expert in your knowledge and industry in keeping Centra up to date on all legislative changes and best practices.
- Relationship Management - Developing and strengthening relationships with all Centra employees and associated industries.
- Solutions focused approach - Being up to date and aware of changes and circumstances, while working with employees and leaders to develop solutions and ways to make work happen in a safe and efficient manner.
- COR Compliance - Maintain and improve Centra’s COR designation through identifying, training, changing and improving processes and operations.
- Single point of accountability - Be CENTRA’s single point for all safety related matters to CENTRA’s internal teams including research, analysis, and providing recommended courses of action. Own every issue through to compliance.
Does this sound like you?
A resourceful, intelligent, confident and dedicated professional who is committed to building trust with customers and employees through clarity and integrity. You are fair, fun and a firm team player who wants to take on the responsibility of protecting the Health and Safety of all Centra Employees.
Technical & Educational Skills:
- Occupational Health and Safety Training education
- BCCSA’s Auditor Training Course
- OFA Level 2
- Tickets for:
- Asbestos High Risk, Lead, Fall Arrest, man lift, forklift scissor lift
- Computer proficiency
- Nice to have - construction or carpentry experience / ticket
Who are we?
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a business owner? Here at Centra we are Employee Owned – and it shows. Centra Construction Group, a well-established construction and manufacturing company that has been in business for 35 years with plans of expansion. Our Windows division manufactures and installs the best high performance vinyl windows and doors in B.C.
As an Owner of Centra you will be devoted to delivering a customer experience that is unmatched. You take pride in everything you do. You care about people, relationships, and giving back to the community. You want to experience the difference of being part of an amazing culture that values Family, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Respect, Safety, and Teamwork. If this sounds like you, Centra may be the perfect place to grow your career.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.