A loose entry door handle can be adjusted quite easily by following these few simple steps. Depending on the style of handle, the screws may or may not be exposed.
For an entry door handle with screws that are not exposed:
- Use an Allen key to loosen the set screw on the side and remove the door handle
- Use a flat head screwdriver to carefully remove the cover plate, which will expose the two Phillips screws
- Take a Phillips screwdriver to tighten the screw on each side, this will secure the handle
- Simply put it all back together by snapping the cover plate back on, replacing the door handle and tightening the set screw on the side with the Allen key
For an entry door handle with screws that are exposed:
Using a Phillips screwdriver, simply tighten the screws on either side of the handle, and the handle will be as good as new!
- Phillips screwdriver (star head)
- Standard screwdriver (flat head)
- Allan key (hex key)