Maintaining Condensation on CTV Morning Live
Our certified Window Geek Anton spoke with CTV Vancouver Anchor Marke Driesschen about the causes, concerns and solutions to condensation. The CTV team learns how to take care of your windows and eliminate the build-up of condensation. Watch the segment to learn how condensation can become a bigger problem if it is not addressed. To learn more about condensation, take a look at our previous blog on condensation solutions!not all condensation is bad. Depending on where it is appearing on the window, it may not be a cause for concern. However, if you do see condensation in between the two panes of glass, you need to address the problem.
Every house is different, and every homeowner has a different issue. Do not fear, Centra is here! Here are reasons, tips and quick fixes to help reduce excess humidity and condensation in your household.
Tips To Reduce Excess Humidity And Condensation:
- Crack open a window or door for a few minutes daily to have air flow through your home
- Open your drapes and blinds to allow air to circulate against the windows
- Use energy efficient bath fans with a de-humidistat to regulate the moisture in the air
- Make sure your clothes dryer is properly vented to the outside and your vent ducts are sealed
- Open the louvers in your attic, basement, and crawl space and ensure they are the correct size to allow proper ventilation for the space
- Open fireplace dampers to provide an escape route for moisture
- Turn down your heat to reduce the difference in temperature between inside and outside
Centra can help you with your humidity and condensation concerns. If you have any questions at all or would like to meet with a Centra Window Expert, please give us a call at 1-888-534-3333 or submit a free quote request.