Major Changes To Government Window Rebates
If you’re thinking about replacing your old windows with new, energy efficient windows, wouldn’t government rebates for window upgrades help? Well we’re happy to announce that Government rebates are back and there’s no better time to jump on the opportunity while our government is promoting energy efficient upgrades to your home. It's now easier to apply for the rebates!
In a recent update to the EfficiencyBC and Home Renovation Rebate Programs, the BC government has added a new eligibility requirement that now opens doors for more homeowners to have an opportunity to receive the rebate funding. Now, more homeowners can replace their old windows with new, energy efficient windows, in efforts to minimize their household energy usage and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The rebates are more achievable with a simple glass upgrade. You no longer need triple pain windows to quality. Who wouldn’t want the government rebates for window upgrades help?
BC Government Rebate perks:
- The Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, administered by BC Hydro, FortisBC and the Province of BC, are providing rebates for improving your home’s energy efficiency through select upgrades, including energy efficient windows.
- BC government is offering $50 -$100 off per window in rebates for a limited time. On top of that, we have decided to double up the savings and offer up to $100 off per window on top of the savings with the government rebate
- Save up to $50 + $100 = $200 off per window.
- There is no longer a minimum amount of windows needed to be eligible for the rebates.
Limited time only:
- Our government approved $24 Million dollars in government rebates towards high energy efficient windows throughout B.C.
- Funds are not unlimited and we don’t know when that budget will run out.
Requirements for the Government Rebate:
- The windows must be replacing existing windows in the building envelope. Windows installed in new rough openings are ineligible.
- Skylights are not eligible for the government rebates.
- Windows and Doors must be installed by a company with a valid BC business license.
- New windows must be ENERGY STAR® certified with a maximum U-Value: (Don't forget, the smaller the U-Value number, the better!)
- Tier 1: You must have a U Value of 1.23 - 1.40(W/m2·K). Note that Tier 1 is not eligble in the city of Vancouver
- Tier 2: You must have a U Value of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or less.
- If the upgrade was invoiced between September 28, 2018 - March 31, 2019, you are only eligible to recieve $50 per window that has a U Value of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or less.
- In order to qualify for Tier 1, the upgrades must be installed on or after April 1 2019.
- The products must be listed on the ENERGY STAR certified fenestration list in order to be eligible for the government rebates.
- The rebates are not eligible for new builds. The rebates are only eligible for window upgrades.
- Homeowners must submit a photo that shows the U-Factor certifcation mark and the NRCan reference number. For more information, please visit NRCan.gc.ca
- For more information about the government rebate requirements, please visit efficiencybc.ca.
What is a U-Value?
- U-values measure how effective a material is as an insulator. The energy efficiency of windows is measured with a ‘U-value’ and the lower this value is, the better.
Why the window Government Rebate is worth it?
- It is in your best interest to take advantage of this rare opportunity, as it is only available for a limited time. This rebate can take some pressure off and allow you to focus on energy efficient upgrades.
- Maximize the efficiency of your home and save on heating and cooling costs right away with the return of government rebates.
- The energy audit is not required
Apply to the Government Rebates:
- To Apply click HERE
- For more information on the BC Window rebate, visit www.efficiencybc.ca now!
- If you weren't able to find the details you were looking for, give us a call at 1-888-534-3333. If you have any questions regarding the government rebates, we want to hear from you!